Release Notes - Volume 1
February 3, 2015
- Improved data reduction method motor fixture drag correction.
This has resulted in higher thrust coefficients and thereby
increased efficiency. The correction method is
- Some plot titles were updated.
- Prior Version 2 data has been removed from online.
February 9, 2012
- New data has been added corresponding to 2007 and 2008 propeller
testing periods. These tests were performed by the following
group of people:
- Craig McGrath (cm)
- Daniel Uhlig (du)
- Elizabeth Eaton (ee)
- John Brandt (jb)
- Keven Joye (kj)
- Kian Tehrani (kt)
- Omkar Shetty (os)
- Paul Gush (pg)
- Robert Deters (rd)
- All data files have been rearranged in ascending RPM order.
- All propeller data are now referenced to a specific testing
period. The reference numbers beside each propeller refer to these:
-  John Brandt Thesis: The previous website version only contained this data.
-  Summer 2007 Test Period
-  Fall 2007 Test Period
-  Winter 2007 Test Period
-  Summer 2008 Test Period
-  Fall 2008 Test Period
-  Winter 2008 Test Period
- Fixed: Some Master Airscrew props in Version 1 were incorrectly listed as G/F
are now labeled Master Airscrew. Corrections are:
- Master Airscrew G/F 11x4 => Master Airscrew 11x4
- Master Airscrew G/F 11x6 => Master Airscrew 11x6
- Master Airscrew G/F 11x7 => Master Airscrew 11x7
- Master Airscrew G/F 11x8 => Master Airscrew 11x8
- Master Airscrew G/F 9x4 => Master Airscrew 9x4
- Master Airscrew G/F 9x6 => Master Airscrew 9x6
- Fixed: RPM labels in plots fixed to match data files:
- APC Slow Flyer 11x7 => Plots give RPM as 6000. Only one 5500
- Graupner CAM 11x8 => Plots give RPM as 5500. Data files say
- Graupner CAM 9x6 => Plots give RPM as 6700. Data files say
- Kyosho 9x6 => Plots give RPM as 6500. Data files say
- Master Airscrew Electric 9x6 => Plots give RPM as 6900. Data
files say 6600.
- Prior Version 1 data has been removed from online.
January 13, 2011
- 78 propellers in initial release
- Data taken from UIUC MS thesis by John Brandt and condensed
into this paper:
Brandt, J.B. and Selig, M.S., "Propeller Performance Data at Low Reynolds Numbers," 49th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, AIAA Paper 2011-1255, Orlando, FL, January 2011.