Aircraft Dynamics Models for Use with FlightGear|
Modelling and Simulation
Maintained by Michael S. Selig, Rob Deters, and Glen Dimock|
UIUC Applied Aerodynamics Group
Dept of Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Urbana, Illinois 61801
Back to the Aircraft Dynamics Models webpage
- Roskam, J., Airplane Flight Dynamics and
Automatic Flight Controls, Part I, DARcorporation, Lawrence, KS,
- Bray, Robert M., A Wind Tunnel Investigation
of the Pioneer Remotely Piloted Vehicle, Master's Thesis, Montery,
CA, Naval Postgraduate School, June 1991.
- Jex, H.R., Grimm, R., Latz, J., Hange, C., "Full-Scale 1903
Wright Flyer Wind Tunnel Test Results from the NASA Ames Research
Center," AIAA Paper 2000-0512, Jan 2000.
The aircraft was modified with "dethermalizer" like tail often
found on free flight model aircraft. Those aerodynamics are not
modeled in the UIUC flight dynamics model ver 020218.
- Sim, A.G., "Flight Characteristics of a
Modified Schweizer SGS 1-36 Sailplane at Low and Very High Angles
of Attack," NASA Technical Paper 3022, July 1990.
- Bragg, M.B., et al., "Effects of Ice Accretion on
Aircraft Flight Dynamics," AIAA Paper 2000-0360, Jan 2000.
- Culick, F.E.C. and Jex, H.R.,
"Aerodynamics, Stability and Control of the 1903 Wright Flyer,"
Proceedings of The Wright Flyer: An Engineering
Perspective, National Air and Space Museum, Smithsonian
- Jex, H.R. and Culick, F.E.C., "Flight
Control Dynamics of the 1903 Wright Flyer," 12th AIAA Atmospheric
Flight Mechanics Conference, AIAA Paper 85-1804-CP, 1985.
- Jex, H, Grimm, R., Latz, J.P., and Hange,
C., "Full-Scale 1903 Wright Flyer Wind Tunnel Test Results From the
NASA Ames Research Center", AIAA 38th Aerospace Sciences Meeting,
AIAA Paper 2000-0512, 2000.
- Selig, M.S., Guglielmo, J.J., Broeren,
A.P. and Giguere, P., Summary of Low-Speed Airfoil Data, Vol. 1,
SoarTech Publications, Virginia Beach, VA, 1995.
- Selig, M.S., Lyon, C.A., Giguere, P. Ninham,
C.N. and Guglielmo, J.J., Summary of Low-Speed Airfoil Data,
Vol. 2, SoarTech Publications, Virginia Beach, VA, 1996, 252
- Lyon, C.A., Broeren, A.P., Giguere, P.,
Gopalarathnam, A., and Selig, M.S., Summary of Low-Speed Airfoil
Data, Vol. 3, SoarTech Publications, Virginia Beach, VA, 1998, 418
- Selig, M.S., Donovan, J.F., and Fraser, D.B.,
Airfoils at Low Speeds, SoarTech Publications, c/o H.A. Stokely,
Virginia Beach, VA, 1989, 398 pages.
[UIUC Applied Aerodynamics Group]